Faculty of Engineering Technology and Science
The Faculty of Engineering Technology and Science mission is to provide world class engineering programs empowering graduates with the desire for learning, discovery and innovation, and provide highly competent technologists and engineers to meet present and future industry needs nationally and globally. The reputation and academic integrity of Engineering Technology and Science programs at HCT is high.
The Faculty of Engineering Technology and Science graduates are effective in the design and practical application of engineering technology solutions. As students, they are taught to lead successfully, work efficiently, and communicate effectively in a team. Their experience during the engineering undergraduate program will instill ethical values and professional standards, therefore, helping them expand their knowledge and competencies through continuing education and other lifelong learning experiences. Thus, making them significant members of the community by contributing their skills and knowledge either locally or internationally.
Employment prospects for HCT Engineering Technology and Science graduates are very strong and cover many local and international industrial sectors including Aviation, Computing, Construction, Consulting, Defense, Energy, Governance, Health care, Infrastructure support and maintenance, Manufacturing, Oil and gas and Telecommunications.
Prof. Saud Aldajah
Associate Executive Dean
Dr. Walid Zgallai
List of Programs and Departments
- Aeronautical Engineering Technology: Bachelor
- Aviation Maintenance Engineering Technology (Airframe and Aeroengines): Bachelor
- Chemical Engineering Technology: Bachelor
- Civil Engineering Technology: Bachelor
- Electrical Engineering Technology: Bachelor
- Industrial Engineering Technology: Bachelor
- Logistics Engineering Technology: Bachelor
- Mechanical Engineering Technology: Bachelor
- Mechatronics Engineering Technology: Bachelor
- Department of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Additional Academic Program Professional Certifications
Marine Transport and Marine Engineering Technology
- Proficiency in Basic Training for Oil and Chemical Tanker Cargo Operations
- Proficiency in Basic Training for Liquefied Gas Tanker Cargo Operations
- Use of Electronic Charts Display and Information System (ECDIS)
- Radar Navigation, Radar Plotting and Use of ARPA
Aviation Maintenance Engineering Technology (Airframe and Aeroengines)
- Certificate of Recognition CAR 147 Approved Basic Training Course- License Category A
- Certificate of Recognition CAR 147 Approved Basic Training Course- License Category B
- Certificate of Recognition CAR 147 Approved Basic Theory Examination
Bachelor Degree Completion Requirements
Students seeking the Engineering Technology Bachelor degree must successfully complete the following minimum requirements:
- A minimum number of credit hours as shown in program completion requirements.
- Program required courses including a work placement : see program completion requirements.
- A minimum requirement of Math and Natural Science credit hours as per program completion requirements.
- A minimum requirement of 33 credits in General Studies Courses according to the General Studies breakdown and as advised in the recommended sequence of study for each program.
- Major electives: see program elective requirements.
- Minimum CGPA of 2.00.